Our Jesse Tree

our walk through the Old Testament...
leading us to God's ultimate Plan of Salvation
....

(you can go here to learn more about The Jesse Tree and begin your journey)

Friday, December 3, 2010

noah's ark

So I think that Noah's Ark is in the Top Five best known stories of the Bible (I am guessing CHRISTmas, Easter, Moses and Adam and Eve are on it too)....but it's kinda cool to read it straight out of the Book. Like how God told Noah exactly how to make the ark such as a particular kind of wood and all the dimensions. (which btw, was about 1 1/2 football fields long, almost as wide as one football field and about four stories tall based on one resource) And then.....wow.....being isolated on a boat, crammed with your immediate family for about 150+ days/nights, not to mention a pair of every species of animals (who I am sure were wicked smelly after just the first few days)

YIKES! Can you imagine how tense that might have gotten? I don't know about you.....but I like my space. Gotta give Noah and his family a ton of credit.

So yeah....this is our rainbow, made by moi (that is "me" for all my fellow French Canadians)

..... kinda hard to follow after Hunter's cool serpent/apple ornament. But I guess it works.....I am a huge fan of rainbows....and one always seems to appear at just the right time in my life. ;)

When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.~Genesis 9:16

1 comment:

amanda said...

that would be a fun 'craft'/story for me to use with the kiddos. totally stealing it!! :0)